Wednesday, October 14, 2015

5 Things we need to be reminded of!!!


Here's five things I needed to be reminded of today. Maybe you do too:

1. God is in charge.
Abbott (one of my cats) is in remission with lymphoma. He was diagnosed three summers ago, had the cancer removed, underwent chemo for 2 years and was clean ever since. Up until a month ago when a new cyst showed up. On Sunday he stopped eating normally, which was the initial symptom that eventually led to to his diagnosis of lymphoma. 

So I took Abbott up to see his oncologist, twice, in the past three days. The good news is that the cyst is benign, hasn't grown and he's still in remission. Lesson: Ultimately, God is in charge of Abbott's health. I do the little things, like feeding him, making sure he plays and stays active and taking him to the vet when he needs it. But, I still have to leave his heath in God's hands.

2. God is good.
I started a new part-time job at the neighborhood elementary school last week. I work as an activity aid in the cafeteria (which feeds 400 kids in 6 shifts). And I'm also a reading tutor. I've worked on projects involving elementary schools before, but I've never been an employee of a school system. To land this job, within walking distance, working with great kids has been very good. But, anyone who spends time with children, or has them knows, they can be challenging. On those days, I need to remind myself of God's goodness that landed me this job in the first place.

3. God is for me.
Regarding #1 above, Abbott hadn't eaten normally for 4 days. That's a record for him. He is not a picky eater. I took him to see his oncologist and got a clean bill of health re. his lymphoma. I also took my cat to see his regular vet who diagnosed a respiratory infection and gave Abbott meds for it. He is already feeling better. 

Through all these vet visits, I have to believe that God is for Abbott. God is also for me!

4. God provides.
Regarding #3 and #1, I've racked up quite a tab so far in vet bills. Over $500. Although I'd be lying if I said that I haven't been tempted to stress out about this, I choose to keep on giving God the financial side of this situation. Over a decade ago God plainly let me know that I wasn't to be anxious about my finances. 

That isn't to say that there haven't been challenges, but...

5. God keeps promises.
Concerning all of the above points, they are based on God being faithful. I can trust God because of past experience, because of what the Bible says about God's character and because I choose to have faith to believe. This faith isn't pie-in-the-sky. It's based on a foundational relationship that has been tested over time and proven to be true.

How about you? Is there anything you need to be reminded of, as far as God is concerned? Feel free to share!

Photo Credit: www.todayifoundout.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!

Pinocchio: Art Credit, Disney If ever there were a time for a national "Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire" award, it's now. And certai...