Saturday, July 11, 2015

Buddy Comes Home!



Yesterday I went up to Grand Rapids to the Kentwood Cat Clinic (photo above from www.catclinics.com) to pick up Buddy, one of my cats.

He had been there for a radioactive iodine treatment and was boarded for a week-and-a-half due to the half-life of the iodine used to treat him for a hyperthyroid condition.

All the way home he was mewing. I have to believe it was in anticipation of coming home. But nothing prepared me for what happened once we pulled into the driveway and brought him inside.

He immediately began to walk through the house, exploring every nook and cranny of it. And within a few seconds, he began to purr, the loudest he's ever, and Buddy's purr is LOUD! He kept it up for at least a couple of hours.

It was Buddy's way of expressing deep joy, being thankful for being home again.

I continually find myself learning things from my two cats. But what Buddy showed me yesterday morning was nothing short of remarkable. I want to be thankful like that! I want to learn how to express joy based on that pure thankfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!

Pinocchio: Art Credit, Disney If ever there were a time for a national "Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire" award, it's now. And certai...