Saturday, May 24, 2014

First Book Signing

This afternoon the Battle Creek Barnes & Noble hosted a book signing for 20 Short Ones (my first book). It went well.

But what was fun was having friends and family stop by. In the middle of the store, close to the Starbuck's Café, there was a spontaneous family/friend reunion. I had a chance to introduce friends from work to three of my siblings.

It meant so much to have such a nice turnout (and to sell all of the copies of the book that were available - 20 of them, a perfect match to the book's title).

Earlier in the morning I had prayed that the experience would be fun and joyful, and there was a lot of both. For me, there will never be a first book signing experience again. This was it. And it was made especially meaningful to share it with family and friends.

I also need to thank other family members who couldn't make it who have also helped tremendously by encouraging me and offering wise marketing tips.

Right now, I feel a little like Buddy (one of my cats) who is laying on the living room carpet, on his back, paws up in the air, giving in to the need to relax. Wishing everyone a peaceful, enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!

Pinocchio: Art Credit, Disney If ever there were a time for a national "Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire" award, it's now. And certai...