Sunday, January 19, 2014

Patience in Eternity

This morning you could say that I've got a celestial nudge to think about impatience, from an eternal perspective.

Which got me to thinking, how much of my own impatience is caused by short-sightedness? How often do I speak or act rashly, being rooted in the moment, instead of the evermore?

I remember looking at the clock on the wall in our first grade classroom, and thinking: "It's nine o'clock right now. But I know that later on, I'm going to look at the same clock and it'll read 3 p.m. And I'll remember when I looked at it just now."

It was a kid's way of dealing with the concept of eternity. Even now, with the advantage of sixty-one years of living, the reality of eternity is still being formed more completely.

Ironically, the more I'm rooted in "forever" I'm better able to appreciate the "now" and yet not get so hung up in the moment by responding in judgment or haste, allowing eternity's perspective to work its magic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!

Pinocchio: Art Credit, Disney If ever there were a time for a national "Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire" award, it's now. And certai...