Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Second Look

For the past few days we've had some extremely cold weather up here in Michigan, and in much of the northeast. My workplace has been shut down for two days, and I've been hanging out with my two cats (Abbott and Buddy) at home while working remotely.

All of this to say that life sometimes offers us an opportunity to sit back and reflect on things. Yesterday morning Abbott jumped up on the couch, staring intently out the window. At first I thought he was watching the bush that grows right against it. But when I got up next to him, I saw beneath the outer branches was a beautiful cardinal. It's brilliant red made even brighter against the fresh-white snow.

Sometimes the most beautiful things in life lie just beyond a surface look.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!

Pinocchio: Art Credit, Disney If ever there were a time for a national "Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire" award, it's now. And certai...